New DRK-12 Awards
NSF STEM Evaluation Study
The STEM Evaluation Community project, led by Education Development Center (EDC), seeks to understand the particular needs and challenges of NSF evaluators, and to facilitate capacity building through the development of a professional community of evaluators who conduct STEM-related evaluations.
Webinar on NSF Funding Opportunities: Broadening Participation in STEM
Thursday, June 14 | 1:00 - 3:30 PM
Join NSF EHR program officers to learn more about funding opportunities with an emphasis on broadening participation in STEM. Particular emphasis will be placed on BP Focused Programs or BP Emphasis Programs that specifically target minority-serving institutions and underrepresented groups in STEM.
2018 STEM For All Video Showcase
Resources for Conducting Legislative Visits
Newsbites from DRK–12 & NSF
We're pleased to share news from DRK--12 projects and people, as well as our sister resource networks who serve other NSF funding programs (ATECentral, CAISE, CIRCL, CS for All Teachers, MSPnet, and STELAR). In addition to our newsletter digest, we disseminate your news items on our website and social media.
News from DRK–12 Projects & Awardees
- Designing Knowledge-In-Use Assessment Tasks and Rubrics to Assess and Promote Deep Learning in Science Classrooms
Workshop | If you're planning to attend ICLS 2018 and are interested in developing assessment tasks that measure knowledge in use, Workshop 1 will be led by members of the collaborative project, Designing Assessments in Physical Science Across Three Dimensions.
- MathEd Podcast: Jere Confrey
Podcast | In Episode 1809, Jere Confrey discusses her career in mathematics education, including her ideas about children's mathematical thinking, learning progressions, and the Common Core State Standards.
- Innovation Finalist for the 2018 Excellence in GSI Awards
Awards & Recognition | The Philadelphia-based Sustainable Business Network recognizes excellent projects and programs in Green Stormwater Infrastructure (GSI) for innovation. The Model My Watershed app is a finalist this year.
- Science in the Learning Gardens (SciLG): A Study of Students' Motivation, Achievement, and Science Identity in Low-income Middle Schools
Publication | Findings from Science in the Learning Gardens (SciLG) project suggest that garden-based activities show promise for supporting students' engagement and learning in science classes and in fostering students' interest in pursuing science long-term.
- Webinar on Findings from the National Survey on Supporting Struggling Mathematics Learners in the Middle Grades
Webinar | On May 31 at 3:30pm ET, members of the Strengthening Mathematics Intervention Classes project will share the results of a national survey of over 860 public schools about their approaches to providing mathematics intervention in grades 6-8.
News from NSF Networks
- Broadening Youth Participation in Computer Science & Engineering
Publication | CIRCL has released a new primer that reviews practices from selected work that has helped broaden youth participation in computer science and engineering.
- CS For All Teachers Blog
Blog | CS For All Teachers shares news, resources, and events via their blog.
Science Events Summit
Event | CAISE is organizing the first Science Events Summit June 3-5, 2018 in St. Petersburg, FL. This is the latest incarnation of the International Public Science Events Conference (IPSEC), which began in 2011. There is still time to register.
STELAR Webinar: 2018 NSF ITEST Solicitation
Webinar | On May 30, from 3-4 PM EST, STELAR is hosting hosted a webinar on the Innovative Technology Experiences for Students and Teachers (ITEST) Program Solicitation (NSF 17-565).
See our Upcoming CADRE & NSF Network Events page for ATE, CIRCL, CAISE, CS for All Teachers, MSPnet, or STELAR, events that may be of interest to you.
The following funding and publication opportunities, listed by deadline, may be of interest to you and your DRK-12 project members.
- June 4 - Future of Work at the Human - Technology Frontier: Advancing Cognitive and Physical Capabilities (FW-HTF)
- June 11 - Cognitive Neuroscience (CogNeuro)
- July 2 - STEM + Computing K-12 Education (STEM+C)
- July 11 - Science of Learning (SL)
- July 18 (EHR Deadline) - Faculty Early Career Development Program (CAREER)
- July 24 (Letter of Intent for Research Initiation Awards) - Historically Black Colleges and Universities Undergraduate Program (HBCU-UP)
- May 31 - Teaching Children Mathematics | Going Beyond the Gradebook - Using Student Work to Guide Instruction
- June 1 - Educational Leadership | When Teachers Lead Their Own Learning
- June 1 - Science and Children | Motion and Stability: Forces and Interactions (PS2)
- June 1 - Science Scope | Oceans
- July 1 - NCSM Journal of Mathematics Education Leadership | Winter 2018
- July 1 - Science Scope | Stability and Change
In Case You Missed It
Highlights from recent newsletters and announcements:
- New NSF Research.gov Proposal Preparation and Submission Site
- Spotlight on Visual Representations in Mathematics
A complete archive of our newsletters and announcements is available on cadrek12.org.
Subscribe | Create CADRE Account