In December the National Science Foundation convened nearly 60 Principal Investigators from projects funded through the Dear Colleague Letter (NSF-086) “Enabling the Future of Making to Catalyze New Approaches in STEM Learning and Innovation.” The NSF EAGER Maker Summit: Charting the Future of Making in STEM Education tasked these projects with exploring topics of interest to NSF and the Maker community.
Organized by the themes listed below, each group spent time synthesizing their collective work and envisioning the future of Making by:
- capturing current issues in the Maker movement with respect to education
- identifying important research issues and trends
- discussing NSF’s investments in the Maker movement
- recommending future directions for NSF research and development
Groups then developed a webinar series to serve as report-out from the event, to be shared with the broader Making community. These webinars are scheduled between now and summer, and will be followed by an NSF-hosted webinar describing funding opportunities for Maker-focused research projects.
- Webinar 1: Workforce Development: Friday, April 12 from 12-1 pm ET
- Webinar 2: Process and Pedagogy: Friday, April 26 from 12-1 pm ET
- Webinar 3 - Research & Evaluation: Tuesday, April 30 from 1-2 pm ET
- Webinar 4 - Broadening Participation: Tuesday, May 14 from 2-3 pm ET
- Webinar 5: Partnerships: Tuesday, May 21 from 2-3 pm ET