CADRE is now accepting applications for the 2019-20 Fellows cohort! The CADRE Fellows program provides professional growth opportunities for early career professionals in the field of STEM education research. Through a series of capacity-building activities, the program offers Fellows the opportunity to gain insight into what it takes to be successful and effective in this field, become more familiar with NSF practices, and network with DRK-12 awardees and other early career researchers from across the country. For more information about the Fellows program, please visit the CADRE Fellows webpage.
PIs or Co-PIs on an active DRK-12 project are invited to recommend an early career STEM education researcher who you think would contribute to and benefit from this program. This person can be a member of your project team, someone in your department, or a researcher with whom you’ve had the opportunity to work in a different capacity and can speak to the quality of their work.
When recommending an early career researcher for the program, please consider the following guidelines. Applicants should:
- Be a doctoral student or similar early career professional at either an academic or non-academic institution.
- Have research experience in education and exhibit evidence of leadership.
- Demonstrate the desire and potential for advancing the field of STEM education.
- Have professional experience and career goals that contribute to broadening participation in STEM education.
- Have the capacity to contribute to the Fellows program by fully participating in all activities.
CADRE aims to establish a cohort of 10 Fellows that represent diverse backgrounds, experience, interests, professional goals, institutions, and geographic regions. Special consideration will be given to applicants from awardees and institutions that have not previously had a CADRE Fellow and who have not had similar professional development opportunities. Please note that we will accept only one recommendation per PI/Co-PI per year.
The application deadline is 5:00pm EST on Wednesday, September 18, 2019. Please contact email@example.com with any questions.